This page describes the minimum hardware and software requirements that are needed in order access the Electronic Forms system.
What are the system requirements to run ELF on my workstation?
- At a minimum you must have a Pentium based workstation that is running at 133 MHz.
- At least 32 Megabytes of Random Access Memory (RAM). More memory and a faster processor will definitely enhance system performance and may be required if other programs are using significant resources on your workstation.
- Capable of displaying a screen resolution of 800X600 or greater.
What software do I need in order to use the Electronic Forms system?
- Web Browser software. Mozilla Firefox Browser version 3.0 or higher or the Microsoft Internet Explorer version 7.0 or higher.
- A University of Maryland Directory ID. All faculty, staff and students automatically get a Directory ID.
- The Adobe Acrobat Reader. This plug-in allows you to view Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) documents. ELF uses this plug-in to handle the printing of electronic forms. See Acrobat Plug-in Setup for information on getting and configuring the Acrobat reader.